The luxury liveaboard Tambora (42m / 137ft in length) is one of the latest additions to Indonesian waters. This beautiful liveaboard takes up to 16 guests on board. Experiencing Tambora under sails, with a good wind blowing, is amazing and a great way to travel through the Indonesian islands. Sailing and cruising on a traditional, beautiful wooden schooner does not mean compromises in terms of creature comforts. Tambora offers all luxury and amenities that you can imagine.
Tambora has been entirely constructed out of Sulawesi iron wood and chosen Javanese teak. Unlike many other vessels that have been re-fitted as dive vessels, Tambora has been designed and built from scratch as a liveaboard catering to the needs of divers. She offers great comfort and flair, and at the same time is optimally geared towards supporting a diving operation in terms of safety, convenience and efficiency.
Accommodation & Facilities
Tambora has three separate lounge decks – bow, aft and salon rooftop – provide enough space and privacy, and can be fully shielded from the sun. Tall people will love this: Ceiling heights are a comfortable 2.20-2.50m (7.2 to 8.2 ft) throughout the vessel.
There is a large salon with separate dining and relaxing sections, offering enough space during meal times, as well as for chilling out over a chat and drinks with fellow divers.
Tambora has 8 spacious guest suites for up to 16 guests, each suite at least 15m2 in size, and with a large en-suite bathroom. There is a choice of double and large twin beds (no bunk beds). All beds longitudinally aligned with the vessel, so guests sleep in the direction of the vessel movement. Each guest suite comes with a writing desk and has ample storage space for cloths, bags, books, etc.
• Showers in all en-suite guest bathrooms come with hot and cold water
• Separate shower and hand towels for each guest
• All guest suites are equipped with individually controllable air conditioning
• Individual reading lights above each bed
• Plenty of power outlets (European 220V type) in your suite and throughout the vessel
• 2-4 portholes per guest suite for natural light, as well as a fresh sea breeze when opened!
• The large salon is well ventilated at most times, but also has its own air conditioning
• Large flat screen TV/DVD with home cinema surround sound in the salon
• Satellite-based communication for phone calls, your personal email and internet access
Tambora has been designed and built to keep excessive noise under control. Throughout the entire vessel, separating walls have been soundproofed with noise absorbing materials. Safety standards and features on Tambora are amongst the very highest you can expect from a liveaboard vessel.
Food & Beverage
The Chef serves a menu of tasty Indonesian, European and Japanese specialties, freshly prepared in the well-equipped kitchen. Five meals per day mean there always is a tasty bite awaiting guests when they surface!
• Snack prior to the first dive of the day: coffee, tea, fruit juice, milk, toast, selection of biscuits
• A full hot breakfast after the first dive with everything you can wish for
• Lunch: served, soup and main course, kept rather light!
• Afternoon snack after the third dive of the day: variation of cakes, fruits, and Indonesian specialties
• Dinner: buffet-style, with a different theme every evening
• Drinks are on a help-yourself basis available in the salon: drinking water, a broad selection of local coffees, tea, milk, a range of soft drinks and beer are all included in the cruise fare
• Wine and liquor are charged on a separate basis
The two dedicated dinghies are equipped with customized racks to store diver’s gear in between dives; tanks do not need to be carried back and forth but can be re-filled directly on the dinghies.
Tambora has a dedicated dive station with separate wet and dry sections. The wet section features rinsing tanks, personal dive baskets and storage of dive gear.
The dry section provides a safe place to open cameras, dive light or use computers.
There is a large desktop area as work space, with a large number of power sockets - you will never have to wait if you want to charge your batteries.
• Dive gear available for rental (has to be pre-booked)
• 40 aluminum tanks (12 Liter) with INT and DIN connections, as well as a few extra large (15 Liter) and extra small (emergency spare air) tanks
Tambora is a beautiful, comfortable liveaboard. The service on board is excellent. The variety of excursions offered in all parts of Indonesia stands out. Tambora is a great choice for those want to explore various, very remote dive areas in this part of the world.